video

Friday, September 23, 2011

"I have stumbled upon something truly life changing..." - Kait M.

Want to feel motivated to start your journey down the path to clean eating?  Or maybe you just need a inspiration to get back in the game ... For all newbies to amazing lifestyle - this is a MUST read!  

Let me start by saying that my absolute favorite thing about this blog is the emails, text messages, Facebook posts, and phone calls that I have received from so many people right here in my own network.   In essentially every corner of my life, I am learning of someone new who's decided to adapt the clean eating principles. It's truly heart warming to know that each and every day, people of all ages - for all reasons - are kicking their old habits and making the decision to INVEST in their health! 
The world of Clean Eating welcomes Kait M.

Recently, I was truly inspired by a full-time business professional, part entrepreneur, and highly involved Mom of two who decided to take her poor eating habits head on.  She - like many moms - is the definition of BUSY.   As with everything she does, when it came to adapting the clean eating principles, it was either go big or go home.  As you probably guessed, she went all in! 

This story isn't about tip toeing around the idea of clean eating...or thinking about maybe getting to that...someday - it's about saying hello to feeling fabulous right now - for good!


Kait's Journey Starts Here.
MSF:  What made you decide to embrace clean eating?
Kait:  I’ve heard lots of chatter from friends over recent months about “eating clean” but I really had no idea what that meant.  Then someone explained to me that it was just eating natural, whole, real foods from the Earth.  Not all of that overly processed crap that I had sadly learned to live on.  Clean eating meant quite simply eating each meal with purpose, to supply my body with nutrients and fuel that it demands.  Among other things, clean eating also meant eating several small meals throughout the day.  Hmm..interesting I thought.  Then a friend challenged me to just one week of eating clean, just to see how I felt.  It didn't take more than a day to know that I had stumbled upon something truly life changing.

MSF:  What are your goals?

Kait:  Ideally, I just really want to get healthier and along the way teach my kids by example the importance of selecting healthy foods.  I'll gladly accept a leaner - more energized me as part of the package! 

MSF:  What have been the biggest challenges so far?
Kait:  By far the biggest challenge was my breaking my number one bad habit.  Drum roll please...diet coke.  Yep, I was terrified to kick my diet coke habit.  I quickly realized that my biggest opportunity to order a diet coke was when I ate out, and since I now packed and planned each meal I actually did even notice it was missing from my life!  I also had to learn to prepare things a little different, not drenched in oil and butter, but surprisingly with just a little seasoning, my food is still delicious without it. I'm learning that small changes lead to BIG results!

MSF:  Since clean eating, how many days did it take for you to "feel" differently? 

Kait:  Honestly, immediately.  I’ve also recently started drinking Shakeology each morning, and I really think that’s given me a great boost of energy through the day as well.

MSF:  Have you cheated?  If so, what made you cave? 

Kait:  Yes, once… on day 6.  Found myself low on groceries at home, and every Sunday my family and I eat at the buffet at church after service.  I was hungry, kids were hungry, it was easy and routine.  It was here that I had my first diet coke of the week.  I will say to my credit that I actually thought about each thing I was putting on my plate for the first time, and made some much healthier selections.  But with this slip - I chose to look forward and  got right back on the wagon that night.  Best of all, I had no desire to quit after my one week challenge.  I'm rounding the corner to my second week and loving it! 

MSF:  What's a typical eating plan look like for you in a day?
Kait:  I have to PLAN and PACK ahead in order to be successful.  I love that I get to eat all day long!  I start the day with my Shakeology, then around 10:00am I have some Greek yogurt and hard boiled egg whites. Then for lunch I’ve been packing a chicken breast, or a mini turkey meatloaf with LOADS of veggies. In the afternoon I usually bring lots of different fruit to snack on, and more hard boiled egg whites.  Then dinner has been broiled fish, or another lean piece of meat and more veggies.  I’ve felt completely satisfied all day, and get this...no more sweet cravings!  I constantly find myself thinking, is this for real? 

MSF:  How's your mood been over this past week?
Kait:  One word: Amazing!

MSF:  What has been the biggest reward so far?

Kait:  Feeling great about myself, a little extra pep in my step, my hair and skin are already starting to look better!  I am so thrilled about how I feel after almost two weeks. I can't wait to find out what the results are going to be a month from now! 

MSF:  Any weight loss?
Kait:  Yes, Ma’am… 3 LBS in a week!! And that’s 100% from food, not combined with exercise.  That's next on my list! 

MSF:  Any lastly, what's your biggest motivator?
Kait:  Reading about all the tremendous health benefits from the nutrient rich foods I am feeding my body makes me excited about the long-term payoff.  I also want to get my kids to start eating healthier, so eating by example is a must! Slowly I will start to introduce them to healthier alternatives to their favorite foods.  I know without a doubt that I am taking the right steps in the right direction.  While eating clean is a whole lot easier than I thought, I am nervous about sticking with it while dining out, and not letting my “old favorites” tempt me...so for me it's necessary to avoid restaurants - where temptations are lurking - until I’m a little more skilled at this new lifestyle.  I also remind myself that even if I do have a “dirty meal” every once in awhile, the clean eating I’m doing 90% of the time is paying off tremendously.  I know I can't learn it all at once - but I am confident I'll get there soon enough!


Congratulations Kait on this already super successful start to clean eating! We look forward to continuing with you on this exciting journey!  You've got this!!
Intrigued? I promise you that Clean Eating is the only way to eat.  It's not a diet - it's a lifestyle...one that guarantees results. What are you waiting for?  Join the movement TODAY. 

Keep it Clean & Enjoy the Ride,
Mrs. Skinny Fat
Do you have a clean eating story to tell? Email me at mrsskinnyfat@gmail.com - I would love to hear from you! 

1 comment: